Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Springtime woes

As I reach for another Claritin and add yet another used Kleenex to the growing mountain in my trash can, I face the embarrassing reality that I am an allergy sufferer...in May.

I know many a dubious reader will ask, "How bad can they be this late?" I have to admit, I would have been a skeptic as well, BUT NOW my grave condition is testimony to the severity of the situation.

I look at the plants I have so tenderly raised from birth and suspicions cloud my thoughts:
"Could it be you, lovely Gerber daisy?"
"Or you, my delicate day lily?"
As of yet, no evidence has surfaced to directly implicate any individual.

There must be a botanical answer to this perplexing question. Until then, I will just keep breathing...and sneezing.

3 Comments:

At 7:40 PM , Blogger Steph said...

Oh, there is a poet I have for a "sister". I LOVE IT. And I suspect the daisy. They look way too happy not to be up to something devious.

I LOVE YOU!

 
At 9:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How creatively put! You should think about writing for real.:)

 
At 10:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my dearest!

i do feel deeply sorry for you and your latest plights!

but yet i am very excited that i have now seen your gerber daisy and i can just imagine the interrogation process. i hope it hasn't wilted in fear:).

love you!

and thanks for making it possible for non-blog users to comment!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home