Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Familiar traits

Some of you may know that in March I suffered the loss of a treasured CD player from my car. She lived a long life of happiness and selflessness until the fateful Disc 4 of 11 for the audio recording of Hard Times (Dickens) was inserted as the last disc she would ever recognize. I had to remove the said disc from the lifeless body of JVC despite tears of sadness and regret.

After an acceptable period of mourning (approximately 2 days), I was ready to rediscover love in the stereo section of Best Buy. I purchased a sister JVC to ease the grief of such a tragic loss (it also helped in that the price was easier to bear).

So, about a week ago, I was getting tired of listening to Wow Purple Disc so I decided to switch CDs. Are you getting ahead of me here;)? So, I pressed Eject... Okay... um, Eject... EJECT! JVC is desperately trying to communicate with me using the only 5 English words/symbols she knows: EJECTING, READING, PLAYING, 00:00, FM1 in that order, continuously. It's obvious she has the same terminal illness her sister contracted. I should have known that the disease was likely to be carried in the family genes.

As I prepare for the grief that I sense will soon ensue, I look ahead to branching out from this flawed family to find love yet again in a new name, a new face, a new life.

To love and its enduring power through technological difficulties...

1 Comments:

At 8:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sarah...you make me laugh out loud. how embarrassing for me--yet totally worth it:).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home