Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Surprise ending

For our most recent 2nd grade writing prompt, the students were instructed to write about something in nature that they could describe well using all their senses.

Here is Vincent's response:

There was a mom bird with eggs. She went to get food but when she was getting food, the eggs hatched. The new birds was in my backyard. But two weeks later I ate them and they taste good and sound good and looked cute.

The End

by Vincent

While desperately trying to surpress my laughter, I ask Vincent, "This is a make-believe story, right?"

"No, it's real."

Hmmm... Still haven't figured this one out.

5 Comments:

At 11:16 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Hopefully he didn't hear them "sounding good" while tasting them. :-)

 
At 12:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Vincent's last name MacDonald? Does he ever say "I have a pencil-pencil here, a pencil-pencil there"?

 
At 9:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so that was me that sent in a blank comment by accident. :(

Remember Ador and his description of the delicacy of eating newly hatched chicks? UGH! I wonder if the "bird" was a chicken?!

After all, who am I to talk with my Croatian/Hungarian food traditions?! :) Riddle: What fills up an entire plate, "tastes" good,goes great with homemade chicken soup, and has a rubbery texture when you eat it? YUMMMMMM....:)

Love you,

 
At 7:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm....is it a chicken neck? cuz that sounds delic:).

i tried to comment several times at school last week, but your site kept telling me to get lost:).

all i really said was that it was a great entry and that i hope you noticed he did not address the smelling and touch senses. i hope you graded accordingly:).

just kidding! hilarious!

 
At 8:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my dearest Sarah, when will you update again? Don't you know that I have procrastinating to do?

Love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home