Monday, September 25, 2006

"Quirk"

"QUIRK"

So, I'm house/dog sitting for a great friend of mine. I sleep on the couch - feels safer for whatever reason. It's about 11:00 at night and there it is again.

"QUIRK"

Sounds almost like a duck. Lily and Gandalf (the pups) take a much-needed break from their boisterous kitchen play to listen as well.

"QUIRK, QUIRK"

What IS that? So I used some logic - the noise was definitley from some sort of creature and it sounded like a creature that I could overpower, in other words, not a cockroach. Being the brave sitter that I am, I get up to investigate.

"QUIRK"
Getting closer.

"QUIRK, QUIRK."
Ahh, I found it.

You see Stacy also has a pet tree frog named Mork who apparently now feels comfortable enough to let his voice be heard with me, a stranger in his home. I guess I should feel honored, but I really struggled as I listened to his night-long "song" during my precious few sleeping hours.

Has anyone ever met a "Frog Whisperer"? I could use some amphibial psychology right now.

6 Comments:

At 11:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't understand the psychology of a frog until you wrap you're head around these 5 simple words: it's not easy being green.

 
At 11:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm embarassed by my incorrect usage of the word "you're". Please re-read my comment replacing the word "you're" with the correct word "your"

 
At 9:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute, I wonder if the tree frog was singing or trying to get the doggies to let him out. Sorta like Pi did with truffles. He he.

Your posts are always so adorable and always bring a huge smile on my face. Thanks for sharing these cute stories, I really enjoy them!

 
At 6:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I never thought about the song being an escape attempt...maybe. Apparently, the pups don't speak frog though - there were no heroic endeavors to free the captive amphibian.

As far as being green, you know, you do what you can to understand. You read the books, listen to the songs, but you're right, there really isn't a way to completely understand what "green" feels like. Thanks for adding that to my perspective:)!

 
At 9:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe that's how 'quirk' got his name of 'mork'?

i loved the part where you evaluated the kind of creature it was and whether you could overpower it or not:) and how a cockroach wouldn't have made the cut.

cracked me up:).

love you!

 
At 7:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your sense of humor and how you laugh at yourself gently. :) Great job of building up the sense of mystery too. :) Perhaps Kermit would serve well as your "Frog Whisperer"?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home