Monday, October 02, 2006

Fishy materials

Today was the last day my students presented their habitat projects and reports on an animal of their choice. They all did such a great job! I never cease to be amazed at the creativity of each new group...and that of their parents.

After a brief presentation of their project, the presenter takes three questions from the captivated audience. The most popular question by far is "Where did you get the _______ that you used in your habitat?"

Common answers include: Wal-Mart, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, oh, and one Dollar General Tree.

However, when Vincent was asked where he got the materials for his project, I was unprepared for his reply:

"Well, I got them from Long John. Uh, Long John something. Oh, it was Long John Silver's."

Who knew they sold materials for Science projects? And all this time I thought they just sold fish!

2 Comments:

At 10:53 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Sarah dear,
Can you believe that I just now discovered your blog? And I love it-your entries about your kids are priceless. All this time I thought it was my other Sarah friend who lives in Va leaving comments on my blog-just now thought to click on the name (after the Va Sarah told me she hadn't been commenting) and it led me to your blog. Hope we can get together again soon.
Love ya,
Laura

 
At 7:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if he really did get it from Long John Silver's. Perhaps his mom or someone works there and they get live "specialty" items to keep until time to serve?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home