Thursday, January 25, 2007

National Hero

Today at lunch, Vincent asks,

"How did Jr. Luther King die again?"

A student across from him tells him as I valiantly try not to chuckle.

Vincent responds, "I read a book about him when I was a special friend* and it's still in my thoughts."

Sometimes I am sure they are little grownups!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*What is a special friend? 3-4 students get to be special "Friends of the Day" one day each week - they get to sit in chairs when everyone else sits on the floor, bring special things to share, and read from a special book basket with seasonal/thematic books in it. Not really important to the story, but I thought I'd be proactive.

2 Comments:

At 12:44 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Love the special friend idea!

 
At 2:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an inquisitive youngster!!! I wonder if Jr. Luther King had such a caring teacher(?)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home