Monday, November 20, 2006

Thankfulness

I know, shockingly creative that I would choose that subject line for this, the 4th week in November, but I have. Sorry I checked out for a while. I was house sitting with no internet access (just imagine!) for a week and then well, life happened:).

Today our writing prompt for my class of "7 year old wonders" was "I am thankful for..." In our brainstorming, we made a list of as many things as we could think of that we were thankful for ranging from hairbows and shoes to God and family. I started thinking of how much God has taken care of me. My family, not just that I have one...that I have one that loves me and shows me they love me. My friends who show the healing power that listening can bring. My dog who exhibits unconditional love and devotion. I could go on and on - my health, a jacket, a bed, music, laughter...but that's not good writing, or so I teach my second graders;).

Isn't it ironic that it takes a day set aside for giving thanks to make me realize how UNthankful I am? How overwhelmed I am by God's unmistakable goodness and work in my life! What a great time of year.

7 Comments:

At 12:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love it! good insight!

and i like the terminology of '7 year old wonders'. it's my favorite:).

thanks for updating! i even caught it on the day of:).

love you! see you tomorrow night! (if you're coming home then:)

 
At 7:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're officially in the spirit!
But, seriously, how hard would life be WITHOUT hairbows - think about it.

 
At 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the reminder to be truly thankful every day of the year.
A week w/out the internet-that actually would be quite freeing-did you find it to be so?
Love you and miss you!

 
At 8:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do love the inspiration holidays bring! Thanks for all your great comments!

About the week with no internet, it was actually a bit inconvenient. It's funny how disconnected I felt - like forgetting my cell phone;).

Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 8:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do love the inspiration holidays bring! Thanks for all your great comments!

About the week with no internet, it was actually a bit inconvenient. It's funny how disconnected I felt - like forgetting my cell phone;).

Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 8:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you used to post new entries every week???? ;)

 
At 3:17 PM , Blogger Steph said...

I am thankful for your sweet spirit and the wonderfulness of the honeyager family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home