Thursday, February 01, 2007

Snow day

Ahh...one of the simple pleasures of being in the school system...

SNOW DAYS

I woke up at 6 this morning to see if I needed to stay up or not. When I saw "Greenville County Schools - Closed" flash on the screen, a jolt of joy shot through me. Who doesn't like an unexpected vacation day?

Then I looked out our window over "the lagoon" to see huge, wet, brilliantly white snowflakes plummeting to the ground. As I watched, freezing rain started mixing in to create a glistening display of winter wonder. So I got about 6 blankets (no exaggeration) and moved my sleeping area to the couch. I opened the blinds and positioned my pillow so I could watch the unusual precipatory effect. Then to celebrate my snow day according to my timeless tradition, I fell asleep. Who could ask for a better start to a day?!

5 Comments:

At 3:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that you were then rudely awakened by an equally excited sister. :) And, what about Lily??? She was just as excited about the snow as you were (and her sleeping area being moved to watch the wonders of winter), and you didn't even mention her. *tisk, tisk*

 
At 7:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

how jealous am i?

twice i've been gipped out of a snow day now:(.

love you anyway:).

bethie boo

 
At 11:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie,

Snow days are truly wonderful - especially when you get to stay home and "sleep/play". :)

Unfortunately, rather than watching this "unusual precipatory effect" from the cozy comfort of blankets and futon, I was watching from the comfort of a dental chair. Still, it was amazing to watch the snowflakes stretch out into raindrops. Even with living in WI, I never saw that happen before. I love how creative God is - He thinks of the "coolest things". :)

About your snow day - Will the piper have to be paid? In other words, will you have to make it up?

Love you,
mom

 
At 2:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bec, you're right about my huge oversight in not mentioning Lily. She is concerned about our relationship in that she's been blatantly missing from any blogging comment:).

Beth, I'm sorry I couldn't send snow your way. Wouldn't it take a lot though for you to have a snow day? In elementary school, all we need is a dusting!

Mom, we will have to make it up in March but it was worth it! Unexpected vacations are the best - you don't fill it up with other things you have to do. You just do what you WANT to do.

Love you all!!!!

 
At 1:06 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Ah, I remember those unexpected vacation days...so nice. Glad you enjoyed it by sleeping in. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home